Re: Weber DGV

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:30:44 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/01 1:46:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

> Well, I've taken a couple short drives in the '72 and find the performance
> of the Weber very pretty dissapointing thus far. It's very hard to start
> when the engine is cold, it stumbles off the line, even when driven gently,
> and I get a couple flat spots in acceleration pretty early on in the RPM
> range. I followed the setup proceedure for idle and mixture (it idles
> great!), but runs nowhere near as good as stock SU's I tired adjusting the
> timing a bit, but still get the same basic symptoms. Is there something
> wromg with this one, or is there someting else I should do? All my other SU

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My '77 Midget with the DGV starts very easily unless it sits for a few weeks.
 The mechanical fuel pump has to suck for a while, I guess.  I have never had
any hesitation and there are no flat spots in acceleration.  I don't know
what to suggest, but it certainly sounds like something is wrong, either with
the carb or with the setup.  The DGV was designed to make the car more
driveable, whereas the DCOE is a performance carb, which tends to be a bit
finicky to drive to the pub.

Keep on trying different settings.  Daniel1312 knows a bit about these
things, I think.  You there, 1312?

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget