Re: Weber DGV

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:06:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/28/2001 1:46:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

> find the performance
> of the Weber very pretty dissapointing thus far. It's very hard to start
> when the engine is cold

Gerard--I am running a Weber DGV on my 1500 and it does very well.  A couple
of things--Is the float level correct?  What you describe on starting sounds
like, too, that the choke is not functioning properly.  I have the
electrically operated choke.  Is yours electric or water?  Is it set
properly?  I have also found that the Weber DGV seems to function better if
the timing is advanced a good bit past standard.  I have mine set about 16
degrees past TDC.  I read somewhere that it runs best if you advance timing
to "ping" then retard it so it doens't "ping".  I didn't like the sound of
that, so haven't gone that far yet.  Maybe I am there but didn't know it. 8^)

--David C.