Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Restoring Vs Value (LONG)
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:10:33 -0400
On Tuesday 28 August 2001 11:19 am, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/28/01 8:53:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> bugide@solve.net
>
> writes:
> > The average home restoration can come w/
> > stop signs
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> "No Passing" signs fit better.

This reminded me of something I stumbled on while doing some web searches for
engine turned metal. I came across some info about this guy named "Von Dutch"
(actually Kenny Howard) who was apparently considered one of the best
pinstripers ever. Sounds like he was pretty eccentric and built all kinds of
strange things like a steam-powered TV. Anyway he was also into engine tuning
and did a dash for someone using an old stop sign, leaving the "STOP" on the
back for someone to find.

Here are a couple of links, one about him, one about his "Kenford" truck -
complete with the "Tube le dump" beer can ejector! And it seems to be for
sale!

http://www.letterhead.com/articles/bob_burns/vondutch/
http://www.aeclassic.com/von_dutch_kenford/page4.html

Enjoy!