Re: clutch question

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch question
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:55:53 -0000
so the question is have you baked the lining on the disc or is the spring
pressure insufficient to hold the disc clamped to the flywheel under torque
when the boost kicks in????  only disassembly witt determine if the disc is
well worn or ifthe pressure plate is at fault.  another consideration is the
pressure plate may have experienced a failure in the spring giving an
uneaven pressure leading to slip under torque .
any way you look at disassembly is required to determine the exact cause.
then it can be repaired.  a competition clutch may be the "fix" if it has a
significantly higher pressure spring in the pressure plate?

chuck.