Johnson Healey x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Johnson Healey x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 11:54:30 -0400
>No chance of a photo from my end since I'd never heard of it before
yesterday.  Didn't notice that you had my e-mail tagged onto MB's.  The
devil made me do it. Sorry if I lent credibility to a tall tale.  You
can expose it if you like.<

>If you really did contact Marion, I bet he LHAO.<

Yes, Annice, I did and he actually looked it up in his books and found
nothing.

By the way, in response to your message about brown bagging that system
has been traditional throughout the bible belt.  I believe it still is
the practice in many dry places in the South although I havent
indulged in any of those counties in quite some time.  Just as in
California in many dry Southern counties you paid a cover charge in
order to take your own stuff into the clubs and pay for each setup, a
coke, 7-up or whatever.

Anyone who had ever visited Atlanta may be surprised to hear
me say that at one time not so terribly long ago that this great
metropolitan city, sometimes referred to as the New York City of the
South, was also dry ...... well, sorta.  Im talking about before and
during the early fifties until Im not too sure when they ended it all,
as I get my periods and dates kinda mixed up now that so much time has
since passed.

Anyway, Atlanta had then some strange rules about serving hard liquor in
the bars and places of entertainment.  There was a time when no drinks
were allowed to be served during weekends at all, with or without brown
bags, and after certain hours during the week.  I forget at what hour
when things closed down but it might have been something like 10
o'clock, probably a fair guess.

The city after so long of battling the churches and traditionalists
finally got thru to everyone that they were loosing out with the
convention folks and would have to change their moral
perspective about things just a wee bit in order to cash in on the gravy
that other growing key southern cities were beginning to enjoy.  After
ending its self imposed prohibition it didnt take long for Atlanta to
genuinely earn the name Hotlanta whch it had often been referred to by
Georgia natives.

Atlanta is a place that if you had lived there for awhile and after
having left for a year or so and returned you probably wouldnt
recognize it.  Like a cancer it just keeps growing and growing and
growing without boundaries.  Its a fascinating city.  If I could start
all over again that would be the place I would make my career.

Roy Rogers
60 Bugeye
85 RX7