Re: Rough running Midget

To: w.gilroy@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rough running Midget
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 08:17:38 EDT
In a message dated 9/7/2001 11:50:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w.gilroy@verizon.net writes:

> All of these parts were replace about 1K  ago.  It seemed a bit
> fast to pit the points.  The wire I am not sure why I had carbon
> traces.  The real question is why did the center post in the dizzy
> just get burnt away in such a short period of time?  Any ideas.

You know, I noticed last week that the rotor in my "79s dizzy seemed to be
burnt on the end.  I checked the inside of the dizzy cap and it seemed to be
fine.  I just put the rotor in last Spring.  I wonder if it is the cheap
Taiwanese rotor or if there is a real probem causing that somewhere in the
line?

--David C.