Re: car show pics (not taken by me)

To: patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: car show pics (not taken by me)
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:35:23 EDT
Yes, a great looking bugeye.
Now do the wing mirrors actually work? Right now I have one side view mirror
mounted on the screw that holds the windshield. No right hand side mirror and
no sense putting one on that side, because you can't see it from the drivers
seat. Or actually you can't see the existing one from the passenger's seat.
This important since, I have luggage rack and took a camping trip with a
waterproof duffle bag strapped down. This blocked all vision from the dash
mirror. I did have my son with me, but the few times I needed to know if
there was a car in the right hand lane, my copilot would answer with
something like "whatever" When he drove he just didn't ask. Fortunately this
didn't happen to often as there were few attempts made at passing in our
loaded down, low oil pressure, overheating 948. But with my big hopes for the
power boost from a 1275, it is either get mirrors or get rid of the kid.
I am not going to drill holes in the bonnet, or go out and buy wing mirrors
unless I know they will work.
What is the deal with these, were they dealer or factory installed, or
strictly aftermarket? They sure look like they belong.
I haven't been to many car shows, so other than my own bugeye, I have to rely
on my memory of bugeyes of days past. I was concerned that the mirrors would
fight with the look of the eyes, but not so.
By the way is that an Earl Schieb's paint job?

David Oliner
60 Bugeye
67 TR 4A (with twin bullet mirrors)