Modern car names, no LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Modern car names, no LBC
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:07:04 -0400
Cruising around this morning I was just pondering what the meaning of modern
car names mean.
I understood animal names, fish names, and even cars with just numbers
refering to the model.
But, what does a Vigor mean?
Is it ALMOST vigor-ous?
What about an Acura?
Almost acurate?
The Maxipad is obvious, and some even come with wings!
And the Isuzu Styless speaks for itself although they do spell it differently.

I ask my neighbor what the meaning of his new Altima meant?
He nor the dealer could say.
Why not call it Sushi? We Know fish models, Marlin, Barricuda.

And does anybody remember when a totally redisigned model really DID look
different than the model before it?
And if you are really old, you probably remember when you could tell what
brand a car was without having to read the name on the back.
--

Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ