Re: Webley/non LBC x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: trev9@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Webley/non LBC x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:27:53 EDT
In a message dated 09/20/2001 5:56:41 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
trev9@earthlink.net writes:

> According to this source it was replaced with
> the M92 Beretta and not the carbine as I stated.
> I'm surprised to learn that it was still being used in
> Vietnam, somewhat after my time.
>
> I should learn to keep my mouth shut.  Seems that
> when ever I open it I always get a lot of flak in my ass.
>
> Roy Rogers

Roy, first of all I really did not mean to flame you or send flack your way.
Truth be known I was simply glad for a chance to discuss something different.
 Obviously I was working off an ol' farts memory rather than reference books.

The carbine, per the History Channel...was issued in lieu of the regular M-1
Garrand to cooks, clerks, and behind the line types, as well as paratroopers.

Just to change the subject, while we are off the subject anyway...anyone see
the news story about the army having to look into a new parachute.  Seems the
modern soldier carrys so much stuff with him he weighs too much for the old
chutes and we've been suffering a higher percentage of injuries as our troops
bounce...

RH
...there is no glory in dying for your country.  The glory is in making the
other guy die for his!  G. Patton