Found a house!

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Found a house!
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:48:05 EDT
As you may remember, I have been looking for a garage..er...house, for a
while.  Well, my offer was accepted yesterday on a house in Hatboro, PA.
Next step is a home inspection, and if there are any problems that I don't
want to deal with, I can walk away from it.

Details: The garage is BIG.  Double door, so it is technically a two car
garage, but I figure 8 Spridgets could fit easily.  Nice and deep, so a
workbench will probably go against the back wall.  It has a high, peaked
roof, so just maybe a lift is in my future!

Next to the garage is a shop that is almost as big as the garage.  There's a
small wood burning stove in the shop, and I'm not sure I will keep it.
Apparently a previous owner used to build racing engines.  The garage was the
last part of the building built and it has a nice concrete floor.  The shop
has a wood floor (probably over dirt) that is completely rotten, so it will
have to be removed and a new concrete floor poured.  I am concerned about
termite damage, but the home inspection will show it.  All the windows in the
building were removed when they had vinyl siding installed, so ventilation is
at a premium.  I will just work on the little things as I can afford them.
(Read, very slowly!)

3 bedroom house is included.  If all goes well, settlement is Oct. 26.  Work
parties will be arranged after the beer is delivered!!!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport