cooling & radiators

To: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: cooling & radiators
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:45:26 +1000
A couple of quick points from direct experience

a) large pulleys are only useful for *high revving* engines, not *hot* engines

b) use a pipe to connect the heater  outlet in the rear of the head directly to
the top radiator hose (i.e. get rid of the tap nd the heater itself)

c) replace the radiator with a modern, high efficiency core or a similar
'foreign'
radiator. Triple coreing a Sprite radiator isn't all that effective.

Tony Bennetto at the Bugeyebarn has done 2 radiators for me. I run them in
competition
in *hot* weather and haven't had had any overheating problems since. Prior to
that I had
been using a large RX7 radiator and had still had overheating problems. He
charges a
very reasonable price (I'd guess you might get it delivered to you in the US
and still have change
from $200 - but you'd have to get him a core...)

Some of the racers here have had great success with the radiator from a 1985
Suzuki Swift.

Mike