The value of education (No LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The value of education (No LBC)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:23:15 EDT
This just in:

"MIAMI (Reuters) - Thrash metal rock band Anthrax admit their name is "not so
cool" in light of the outbreak of the disease in Florida but said they do not
want to change it.The band, whose multi-selling albums include "Spreading the
Disease" and "The Threat is Real," said that when they chose the name 20 year
ago it sounded "cool, aggressive and nobody knew what it was."Now it
symbolized fear, paranoia and death, they said in a statement posted on their
official web site."Before the tragedy of Sept. 11 the only scary thing about
Anthrax was our bad hair in the 1980s and the Fistful of Metal album cover,"
it said. "Suddenly our name is not so cool."

So, 20 years ago, nobody knew what anthrax was???  And they thought it
sounded "cool?"  Back to school guys.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget