Re: Ball Joint Boot Replace?

To: Guy Weller <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Ball Joint Boot Replace?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:58:12 -0800
Cc: chuck <chuckc@attglobal.net>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I was waiting for someone to come up with this correct method of changing the
boots. (Good on ya Guy) Get some typewriter correction fluid and mark a straight
line across the threads and the tie rod end nut, then back off the nut a half
turn or so and unscrew the tie rod end as you count revs.  If you ever have to
change the tie rod ends and don't need to change the little rubber boot on the
ball joint, get one of the scissor type separators.  MiniMania sells one that is
the perfect size for this job and works perfectly with no destruction of rubber
every time.  Heck, if you live anywhere near San Bernardino, you can borrow
mine.

Mike MacLean-60 Sprite