Re: Fw: Questions, questions

To: Philip S Jones <philip.s.jones@home.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Questions, questions
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:21:49 -0800 (PST)
White Post Restorations in White Post, Va.

Dan Dwelley

--- Philip S Jones <philip.s.jones@home.com> wrote:
> Greetings happy spridget owners.  (Owners of happy
> spridgets?  Perhaps . . .).
> As usual, I appeal to the wisdom of the collected
> masses.
>
> I recall seeing mentioned (at least one) preferred
> vendor for re-sleeving
> and/or re-building brake master cylinders.  I also
> recall seeing several
> "don't do this!" messages as well.  I've failed in
> searching the archives for
> the vendor names; can anyone help me out with the
> name of a preferred vendor?
>
> Secondly, said leaking master cylinder has resulted
> in paint loosening and
> bubbling on the sheet metal around/under the
> mounting bracket.  Any particular
> suggestions for surface prep prior to attempted
> repair?  I was thinking of
> simply cleaning the area with wire brushing and
> alcohol; and then brushing
> paint on (of the correct color).  It's only the area
> underneath where the
> master cylinder mounts, so I'm not exceptionally
> concerned about cosmetics.
>
> As for overall status, I'm still struggling away
> with tracking down
> miscellaneous electrical faults and other niggling
> problems.  After I get the
> basic systems functional, then I'll try to adjust
> the distributor timing to be
> somewhere in the correct neighborhood, add petrol,
> and try to start it up.
> Won't *that* be a red letter day.  Actually, that
> will be just another day -
> it'll be special on that day that it runs!  Lots of
> little mysteries to be
> solved before that takes place.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance!

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Alexandria, Va.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1