RE: painting advice wanted

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: RE: painting advice wanted
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:59:26 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id fBIHxXj16679
> Spray can primer, weeks of
nightly sanding, re-primering until 'perfect'.<
I hope that was metal etch primer in the spray can.

>I've heard bad things about dipping, as the residual can be hard to get
rid
of and cause problems if not done well.  Besides, its expensive and I'm
cheap.<
I checked all this out for Herbytoy. I decided to go Glen's route. If
acid dipped it needs to be rinsed well and then "baked" to dry it out.
It is expensive, about $600 (NorCal pricing, YMMV) for the whole tub and
all panels. Media blasting was $500 complete. Neither of these included
a "coating".

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the DPO driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com