Question About Mityvac

To: "Bill Hunt" <Billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Question About Mityvac
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:38:53 -0500 FILETIME=[D746BC40:01C18A92]
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I tried to bleed my brakes today, using my new Mityvac for the first time
ever.  No matter how much I pumped it, I kept getting back mostly large air
bubbles, and the system never really bled properly.  I made sure that there
was good sealing everywhere, and only opened the bleeder valve on the wheel
I was at.  I had a good vacuum in the Mityvac, also.  I finally went to the
conventional method of having someone pump the brake pedal, then hold it
down while I opened each bleeder valve, one by one, and got the system bled
properly.  After I was finished, and the brakes were working fine, I tried
the Mityvac again, just to see if I still got mostly the large bubbles of
air, and I did!!  Where is this air coming from?!  I know it's not coming
from around where I have the Mityvac tubing connected to the bleeder valve,
because I've checked the vacuum reading, and it's good.  I know I must be
doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.  I would sure like
to use the Mityvac system to bleed hydraulic lines, because then I could do
it without a helper.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance!
Bob