Fw: Looking at a MGB project

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Looking at a MGB project
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:46:21 -0500
Nice project car Patton! Oughta keep ya busy for a couple of weeks... The 67
B was, like Spridgets, probably the best year. It had the highest HP engine
of the Bs and you can replace the non-synchro box with a later full synchro
model. Maybe even find an OD tranny for it. The hood should be aluminum and
I can't remember if the door skins and trunk lid were aluminum too. Rusty
rockers should not scare you any more than on a Spridget. I've seen them
with 40 pounds of bondo in them and they were still on the road.

It should be positive ground. Check the face of the tachometer, it will be
marked. I think they take two batteries. Look for the battery trays behind
the seats.

Even if it is too much of a project to tackle, if the price is low enough
get it and part it out. I recently Ebay'ed a bunch of MGB stuff for a friend
and it sells. We sold the head, carbs, fender, hood, rear fender, gauges,
bumper, trunk lid, etc. Didn't get rich but he made money even after cutting
me in for a share!

Hey, it would add to the coffers for your next LBC...

Kent

Subject: Looking at a MGB project