Looking at a MGB project

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking at a MGB project
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:55:38 -0600
Hey everyone,

The LBC itch has been acting up again and I realized that my other "toy"
car just isn't going to scratch it.  This probably has more than a little
to do with the update on my old Sprite I received recently.  (Keep it up
Ed!)  I would get another Spridget, but I have grown a little big for a Sprite.

Well I guess timing is everything and I found a 1967 MGB project car really
cheap, and after a lot of selling to my wife, I am going to try to look at
it next week.   It is one of those ran-when-parked two years ago, started
but never finished project cars (I guess like my Sprite was when I sold
it).  She says the only way I can buy another car is if I finance it 100%
by selling stuff.  I'm cleaning the garage today and tomorrow to first make
room, and second look for extra parts to sell on eBay if I do decide to get
the car.

What I need to know is what are the things to look for in a B? I think I
heard if the rockers are bad, stay away, anything else like this?  Any
other hints.  Is a 67 MGB positive ground like my Sprite was?    I was
going to download a Moss MGB catalog for reference, but it looks like they
don't do that anymore.

Below is a link to the pictures I was sent of the car, it needs a whole
bunch of work, but I still have my non-LBC toy for playing, and I want
another project car, one I will finish.   I know better than to buy a car
needing work, but.....

Here is the link to the MGB
http://carport.virtualave.net/mgb.htm

One more question, if you don't have access to anything to tow with, what
is the best way to move a car?  Do towing companies offer deals on non
emergency stuff when time is not as important?  Any other ideas?

By the way, if anyone had my old page (http://members.xoom.com/spridget) in
their favorites or on their website, I had to move it to a new home, that
link is below.

Thanks In Advance,
Patton