Re: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT

To: davriker@pacbell.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 08:12:14 EST
davriker@pacbell.net writes:

> So long as scrap and recycle are in the wording and "crush" is not, there is
> no law requiring the cars to be crushed, they just can't be returned to
> service.

Which leaves the interpretation of the bill, if passed, to the political
process and to politicians.  That sounds very dangerous to me.  This is an
angle to be worked should the Bill actually pass, or near passage, but it
seems the first order of business is to oppose and defeat Section 803 of the
Bill in the first place.

--David C.