Re: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT

To: jboatri@emory.edu
Subject: Re: URGENT FEDERAL SCRAPPAGE ALERT
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:06:08 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
In a message dated 01/02/2002 6:40:30 AM Mountain Standard Time,
jboatri@emory.edu writes:

> I wonder if
> anyone considers how much energy it takes to make a new car vs the
> energy differential of running a new vs old car. I'd guess you'd have
> to put several hundred thousand miles on an LBC before it made
> 'energy' sense to crush and replace.

I did see an article a while back...Popular Science or Mechanics seems like,
that mentioned the energy necessary to produce fuel cells far outweighed any
mileage benefit.

But then, I'm sure the cost of producing gasoline for Henry Ford was a bit
higher than the cost of growing grass for the horses to eat.

Robert B. Houston

"Deck the halls with Boston Charley,
Walla walla wash, and kalamazoo,
Nora's freezin' on the trolly,