Re: More exhaust?

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, redmidget72@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More exhaust?
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:38:28 EST
Listers,
If the exhaust manifold in my 1500 midget is cracked what are the
ramifications of driving it in that condition?  Cold air getting to the
valves will cause problems?  Where do these manifolds crack, what are the
weak points, I'm going to get to look at the thing this week end.  I am a
real neophyte on these matters, the biggest thing I've ever gotten into with
any car is adjusting valves, doing brakes, pulling water pumps etc.  I've
never gotten this far into an engine (ok the manifold is not inside) without
someone there to hold my hand.  I may just opt to have a mechanic do the job
for me, I know that is the chicken's way out, but my work schedule is crazy
until Memorial Day and I don't want to miss too many of those early Sunday
drives.  I also don't have a garage, yellow fever sits in a big tool shed
with little room to spare.  Help, how big a job is swapping out the exhaust
manifold with a header?

John Poynton
79 Midget "Yellow Fever"
Havertown Pa 19083