Fw: Bonnet Removal

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Bonnet Removal
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:57:53 -0500
The long way but scratch resistant if you are careful is: remove the
headlights (with buckets), run two ratcheting tie-down straps through the
headlight holes (one each) to the rear of the bonnet. KEEP THE RATCHETS ON
THE UNDERSIDE of the bonnet. Attach the ends and take out some of the slack.
Attach the straps to the engine hoist with another strap or silk rope. Don't
get the hook too close to the painted surface. Put some tension on it to
keep the straps from shifting. Detach the hinges and prop rods. Carefully
lift bonnet with someone holding/guiding it. When it is high enough move the
car out from under it.

Or, the quick way: two guys to hold and one to disconnect the hinges and
prop rods. Lift and carry away from the car.

Kent
1960 Bugeye (removed the bonnet several times by myself)

Subject: Bonnet Removal