Sebring Saab story moves to final phase

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sebring Saab story moves to final phase
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:07:33 EST
Larry Macy, Kevin and Rob Valentine and I met at chuck's house this morning
to deliver the final Spridgets List donation for chuck's race date at Sebring
this month.  We dropped off a bag full of money for chuck to use as he sees
fit.  He still has a week or so of prep before he leaves for FL, but I know
he invested the first part of the money in tires and brakes for the trailer.
I'm glad we are able to make his trip safer.

I drove over to Larry's this morning and we drove both of our Midgets up to
chuck's.  Kev's car is dissasembled (again!) so they came over in the van.
Rob shot some pictures, so watch this space for a URL, coming soon!

Then we helped chuck unlaod a pile of Fiat and Crosley parts from the lust
bus, and we put a spare racing engine in the back seat.  Larry stayed on to
help with a computer video problem, and Kev, Rob and I hit the road again.

The chuckster has written an article in the SCCA Philly Region newsletter
about this whole ordeal.  Go to
http://www.autox4u.com/spokesman/spokesman.htm and click on the March Issue
link if you would like to read it.

I will let chuck fill you in on what he spends the money on, and also to
offer his personal thanks to all who contributed.  We were amazed at the
generosity of the list, and chuck was FLABERGASTED!  Once again, thanks to
all who sent money.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget