Re: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 19:21:48 -0500
You couldn't give me a Dell or a Gateway. I work (repair) on computers as a
paying hobby and these are two of the worst brands I have ever worked on as
far as parts and support. If you are going to buy a new computer your best
bet is to have someone build it for you. This way you are not getting the
cheapest components on the market and you get what you need without all the
other hoopla that they "give" you.
I have a Dell sitting here on the bench that is still under warranty and I
am waiting for the forth hard drive since the first three they sent were
defective right out of the box. Try getting an RMA from these people is like
trying to get blood out of a turnip. It is too bad they don't put their
money into support and products instead of all the advertisements.

Dave
60 Bugeye