Re: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NO LBC: Someone was looking for a new PC....
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:17:45 EST
In a message dated 03/06/2002 8:29:26 AM Mountain Standard Time,
wsthompson@thicko.com writes:

> and Best Buy seems to have a pretty good
> service dept. and satisfaction guarantees... and they're local.

Spoken like someone who has never taken a computer back to Best Buy for
repair.  As I said to the manager at CompUSA (nest door to Best Buy here in
El Paso)  "Your service department here really sucks, but the good thing is,
they don't suck as bad as the one at Best Buy."

Best Buy service is not local here, but in Phoenix.  You must stand in line
with your computer until the person accepting it for service can plug it into
a keyboard and monitor and attempt to get it to replicate the problem.  Then
you have to explain why you didn't bring it back in the original box, and
wait for them to fill out forms and such.  Usually this takes the better part
of an hour.

I will never buy another computer at Best Buy unless ordered to do so by my
boss.

Robert Houston

"There is nothing quite so thrilling as being shot at and missed"  " Yes
madam, I am drunk, but you are ugly.  Tomrrow I shall be sober, but you will
still be ugly"
attributed to Winston Churchill