Oil pressure gauge

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pressure gauge
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:07:33 -0500
1971 MG Midget 1275  From my guage to within 2-3 inches of a fitting on the
block is a hose. The final 2-3 inches is a copper tube fitted to the fitting
on the engine by a nut and unusual ferrel. The pipe broke, and the ferrel is
wallowed out on one end and too tight on the other to get the pipe back
through. This is appaernly not the original setup, because the local MG
garage and M$%^'s reply was Huh? Yet neither one have what is necessary to
hook the guage up, or is willing to tell me what the original setup was.
What was the original setup, and if you can't get it, how do you replace the
connection unit when it breaks?