Electronic Distributor

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic Distributor
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:24:24 -0500
Hey guys,

I have a new (to me) Bugeye I am trying to sort out.  It has a fairly stock
engine (except it uses HS2 vs HS1 SU carbs).  Tuning is on the agenda - the
car came from Texas and doesn't seem to like the Maryland weather.

As I go about checking and tuning everything, the thought occurred to me
that I might as well replace the distributor with an electronic one before I
get everything tuned the way I want.  This thought and Moss lead me to
consider replacing the ignition coil as well.  I am thinking of a Mallory
Electronic Distributor and a Crane Ignition Coil.

Cost doesn't seem overwhelming and I am not fanatical (yet) about
originality.

Is there any prevailing wisdom out there regarding using a electronic
distributor and/or upgraded ignition?  Brands?  Combinations?  Issues with
positive ground?
Thanks in advance, Mike

Mike Moomaw, Ellicott City, Maryland