The REST OF THE STORY!

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: The REST OF THE STORY!
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:37:33 EST
Hey guys!   Remember, was it last week, when I was lamenting about having
possibly gotten water in my gasoline to the tune that the engine was missing
badly at speed?   First I want to thank everyone for all the helpful replies.
 I drained the gasoline tank with a siphon (I noted water droplets on the
outside of the siphon tube when I removed it), then started the engine and
ran it till it was completely dry.  Then I ran a bottle of Techron into the
tank and put about 4 gallons of gasoline into the tank.  Then I raised the
bonnet to remove the carburetor float cover to suck the gasoline/water out of
that chamber.

NOW FOR THE REST OF THE STORY!

I removed the air cleaner lid from the Weber DVG, then the element.  Then I
quickly noted that the 4 bolts that held the air cleaner onto the Weber were
MISSING!!!  Further inspection with a small flashlight showed ALL FOUR of the
bolts resting in the throat of the carburetor!!!!  How in the hell they all
four got loose and jumped into the carb is beyond me, but a magnetic wand
pickup later had all four bolts slathered in blue lock-tite and tightly
screwed back into place.

Now the car runs pretty good.  I still think there was some water in the
gasoline, but obviously the bolts in the throat of the carb were the major
problem.  Good thing they have large heads on them so they stopped in the
bottom of the carb and didn't get sucked into the head.

--David C.