Re: The REST OF THE STORY!

To: cartman@dnai.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The REST OF THE STORY!
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:08:23 EST
In a message dated 3/12/02 10:15:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cartman@dnai.com writes:

> I'm still amazed
> that they only damage I got was damaged electrodes on the plugs in those
> two cylinders, and didn't crash a valve as the washer was getting passed
> back and forth.

And you , too, were lucky.  My suggestion on DVGs is never to use a lock
washer.
According to the technicians at Bowman Fasterners, standard lock washers are
useless anyway, and they stand the best chance of being sucked into the carb.
 Being small, they would head straight for the cylinders.  Nix the "lock"
washers and use loc-tite instead to secure the screws.

--David C.