Re: Tech Tip - End sandblast cabinet dust

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tech Tip - End sandblast cabinet dust
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:44:50 EST
I think two straws into a supersize Mickey D's shake might work just as well.
Getting back on track with a seemingly stupid question.
I am planning on building a sandblast cabinet, but have no experience in
using one.
I was actually giving some thought to installing a bathroom fan on the side,
and venting it outside.
OK so that sounds kind of nasty. My second thought was to run a long exhaust
hose just over the fence into the neighbors yard. But as an alternative, into
a hole cut out of the top of joint compound bucket, with vent holes drilled
into the top. Maybe with a little water in the bottom to keep the dust from
blowing out of the top vent holes. Or even better having a garden hose
trickle water over the top, into the bucket, and then out some overflow holes
about a third of the way up.
Is the "dust" reusable blast material?

Comments?

What is the best media to be using for general bugeye parts cleanup, and
powder coating prep?
Frank said he is using glass bead.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes