Re: Tech Tip - End sandblast cabinet dust

To: SDOliner@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tech Tip - End sandblast cabinet dust
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:17:02 -0600
Further to all of this blasted thread..... we found running a few small
diameter pipes aimed at the glass forcing air across the screen helps your
vision. We also use a vac from a central vac bagless system with a dump can
before the motor. Be sure to have an opening for make up air that is
baffled to prevent the dust from blowing around. We use some old air filter
element on the intake side. Blasting dust in VERY insidious. Also be aware
that sharp bends in your collection system made of PVC near the blaster
will wear through in time.
         Peter C
==