Re: another S.O.S. mission? :)

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: another S.O.S. mission? :)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 08:13:29 -0500
Thanks to all who responded. I will elaborate on what I have in mind!

TIMING: I understand Memorial day may not be the best day, as some have family
commitments. I hear the weekend before is Carlisle, but the weekend after could
work if that is better for you guys. The red mill British car show in Clinton
(a scant 8 miles from my house) is Sunday June 2. Let me kow what fits your
schedule better.

PROJECT: The main thing I'm looking for is to get this shell put back together
for the paint shop. The trunk floor, rear apron, and trunk lock support need to
be welded in, the front bumper brackets need some attention, and the drivers
side A-post needs to be sanded down and looked at. We'll spend an hour
stripping the donor car [ :-) ], and depending on how things go, put the donor
suspension on the fixed up shell so it can be rolled to the paint shop.

PARTS: I have all the replacement panels for the trunk. I do need to order new
wishbone pans and suspension bits, and get some extra sheet metal for the
bumper brackets.

TOOLS: I have a complement of hand tools, an angle grinder, and some other
miscellaneous homeowner tools. I have a hammer and dolly kit. I don't have an
air compressor. I don't have a welder, but I was planning to rent a MIG. If you
think we'll need it, you probably should bring it! :-)

If you have any more questions, just ask. If you think there are other parts I
should order, let me know. I'm learning as I go along!

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu

From "Charles Christ" <cfchrist at earthlink.net>
Date:  Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:47:25 -0500