Re: Foglight wiring (non LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Foglight wiring (non LBC)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:56:55 EST
In a message dated 4/2/02 3:58:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, Billh@aaai.com
writes:

> I want them to be wired into the headlights so they come on with
> low beam only. They need to be wired into the headlights as the SO will
> forget to turn them off if switched direct to battery power.

- - - - - - - - - -

Make sure you check your state laws first.  This setup may not pass
inspection.  It is illegal in PA to have any driving lights on unless the
high beams are on also.  It doesn't appear that anyone in PA knows about this
law, other than I, but none-the-less, it is in the PA Code.

It is best to use a relay when adding anything that will be a high draw.
Check out the relay site that was suggested by someone else.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"