Re: To Bugeye or Not to Bugeye?x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Amy <breiz@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: Re: To Bugeye or Not to Bugeye?x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:16:09 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Amy wrote:

> Gang,
>

>  Frank  (Lord of all things Spritely) had told me before that all
> bonnets will fit, even a bugeye nose if I remove the fenders. So now I'm
> wondering should I buy the bonnet and both fenders for my car or buy a
> bugeye nose instead? What are the pros and cons in this?

Finding a really nice Bugeye bonnet is no easy (or economical) task.  There are
some out there that are fixable but you will have way more money in it than you
would like--I promise!!    If you do find a really nice Bugeye bonnet, the
chances are great that the owner knows what he/she has.  That won't be cheap
either.

>  And if I go bugeye, how hard is it to attach? Where do you even do that
> at?

There are a couple of different kits to do that.  They all attach in the front
tilt the bonnet forward.  The upside of this idea is that you can actually do
some things under the bonnet w/o experiencing pain, etc.  The downside is that
you would need to cut holes in the sides to attach the hold downs.  More holes
under the bonnet, too.

Me?  I'd go w/ original fenders.  Cheaper, easier, and closer to original.
Remember, however, that this is YOUR car--do what you want w/ it.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

Pop. 420