RE: Chemical rust removal (muriatic acid)

To: <valntine@ptd.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <spridgets-mod@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Chemical rust removal (muriatic acid)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:38:35 -0700
I do use phosporic acid and have for years, but it is quite a bit slower
than the muriatic is is quite a bit more expensive. I have tried applying
the phosphoric after the muriatic, but it still wants to rust. I think the
phosphoric I've been getting lately has been diluted more than what I have
had in the past and just doesn't sseem to do the job I am used to.

Thanks for the Brillo tip, didn't know about that one. Since you mention
phosphates, what about a dip in TSP to neutralize/rinse the acid? Diluted
baking soda solution?

Thanks Kevin