IT'S ALIVE!

To: Spridget ML <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: IT'S ALIVE!
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:56:02 -0400
I tried this, but must have got lost in the black out. Forgive me if it
shows up a couple times.

IT'S ALIVE! (Sounds like an old Frankenstien movie I saw) "Little Bits"
has been revived from a long,long sleep. The handsome prince, no wait
wrong story. I (handsome prince could work) got 'er running this
afternoon. Still didn't have the generator painted and ready to install,
so no water pump. Kept it short and sweet. Carbs are draining fuel
everywhere. NOS gasket kit and new rebuild kit had some really dry cork
seals in them. (Soaked them well but still leaked) Got to wait for new
ones (trying the rubber O rings in the jet tubes this time). Other than
that she sounds great, no knocks and smooth as can be. I don't think it
ran since '96 when the guy I got it from tested it. The PA inspection
sticker ran out in '75. Tested the clutch, it works OK. Thouught sure it
would be stuck to the flywheel. Added todays picture to my web page (see
below)

Update - put the O-rings in, no leaks, just damp (normal). Oil leak in
front. Water pump burst open and flooded the floor. "Hello, Moss?"
Always something ain't it?

Dave
60 3000 "Helaey Bits" (in more pieces than they built it from)
60 Bugeye "Little Bits" click the link below for pictures
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm