Bugeye Wiring Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bugeye Wiring Questions
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 07:12:30 -0700
Ok, made good progress on the re-wiring yesterday.

I started with the fuel gauge and pulled the old wires off and replaced
them with the wires in the new harness.

After finishing the dash board though, I've got two brown bare wires left,
near the ignition switch.  Is brown usually ground?  Are these just extra
ground wires perhaps?  Or possibly for options (cigarette lighter, radio?)
that I don't have?

The harness is from British Wiring, if that makes a difference.

Under the hood, in the same bundle with the 3 blue wires that go to the
dimmer switch harness, there is a green bulletted wire that I have no idea
what it's supposed to connect to.  Any ideas?  This area may be
particularly difficult, as several "replacement" wires were run outside the
harness between the fuse block/voltage regulator, and places on the
engine.  Since the engine is now out, I don't have much for reference.

Now I just have to run the hood (excuse me!  bonnet) harness and the tail
(boot) wiring harness.

Thanks.

Chas Douglass