Re: Miata seats in a midget..

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata seats in a midget..
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:04:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/02 5:53:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Robert.Haigney@anixter.com writes:

> Is it easy to fit Miata seats into a midget....?
> I have a 73 Midget and the chance to get two black cloth Miata seats from a
> 93 with speakers in the head rests for a little over $200.
> My seats frames are rusted through on the bottom, so are virtually
> unusable.
> But how easy will it be to fit them, anyone have any ideas....???

I haven't done it yet, but it is next on my plan.  Miata (or Fiero) seats are
supposed to be an easy fit.  You may have to drill two holes thru the floor.

I will be shopping for seats at Carlisle next month.  $200 sounds a bit high,
unless you don't have to recover them.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget