Re: Miata seats in a midget..

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, roterhed2@attbi.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata seats in a midget..
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:43:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/02 11:39:10 PM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< No reason that I can think of why the won't. I don't think (personally)
that high back seat look as good in a Bugeye though.

I don't either, Gerard.  However, I do like the Mark IV seats in ours--much
softer than the originals to make up for stiff ride on older bones.
Actually, the Mark IV seats are more comfortable than the Miata seats, to my
way of thinking, since we have both.  The later seats should be easier to
come by from the scrappers than the original bugeyes and probably wouldn't
command the premium price that Miata seems to get.  Whatever they used on the
originals, my 1967 foam pads are still in great shape after all this time.
Of course they haven't been exposed to air, light, cold, heat, or any of the
other bad things.  This might be a less expensive route for Mike to pursue.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)