Engine home/Cheap Vizard

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine home/Cheap Vizard
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:28:13 -0500
I may have just completed the world's most meticulous rebuild of a 1275-- at
least for the way I work it was meticulous. Throughout I avoided buying the
Vizard "Bible" because of the cost.  Instead, I relied on my dog-eared copy
of Vizard's Mini book,  Hammil's book on power tuning the 1275, and emails
to helpful listers and experienced vintage racers.  Last week I brought the
motor home from the community college engine shop where I have been
scraping, screwing, cleaning, measuring, and massaging two nights a week for
the past winter.  I also bought Vizard's book and it arrived UPS the day the
motor cam home!   Guess it was a reward.

Anyway, if you have been putting off buying a copy of "The Bible" because
$49 seemed like a lot for bedtime reading,  then log on to www.walmart.com
(honest!).   I got the latest revised hard cover edition of "Tuning the
A-Series Engine" for $27.96.  Maybe it comes up on eBay cheaper, but my
employer has blocked eBay access around here in an effort to get more
productivity from a distracted workforce.

So now all I need is a new LCB header, some fancy plumbing for my second
hand Accusump, and a helper with the fingers of an ectomorphic 9-year-old to
reach through the shifter hole and line up the driveshaft while I push the
motor back into the tunnel.

Maybe the Pennsylvania Spridget Rallye can be a fitting debut for my new
fire breathing "big block".   It is on the summer's schedule, isn't it,
Kevin?

--JohnD