Re: Bugeye tire choice

To: refisk@chartermi.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye tire choice
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:26:14 EDT
Rick

Make sure you figure in shipping cost for an actual cost of the tires. I too
was looking at the Sumitomos from Tire Rack, but shipping from their nearest
warehouse to my location added about $60 to the cost of a set of 5. Ended up
at about $50 per tire (still not a bad price for hi-perf tires).

I checked out several other on-line tire & wheel places and found one located
about a 1/2 hour drive away. They were a little started to have someone want
to pick-up the tires, but hey! my money was good. So you might want to check
for another distributor located nearby.

Ended up with Falken 185/60HRx13 for $37 each, including local tax (this is
Kalifornia after all).

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano