Re: Bugeye tire choice

To: "Levi Abbott" <cabbott@sc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Bugeye tire choice
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:03:52 +0000 (US/Eastern)
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
[demime could not interpret encoding binary - treating as plain text]
I just put a set of 175/70-13s on my (squarearch) Midget, and they
don't rub.  However, this is a rubber-bumper model, so it may sit a
touch higher than your Sprite.  All that having been said, the
consensus seems to be that a little gentle persuasion with a baseball
bat will resolve any rubbing problems.

Uh... Let me clarify.  The baseball bat is rolled between the tire and
fender lip to add the tiniest bit of additional flare and turn the
inner edge of the wheel arch, both of whcih gain clearance.

Chris K.

> So what are the sizes of tires that will fit on a Sprite with
factory
> wheels, without rubbing.
>
> I know that 145/13 in factory but that's a bit small for my likeing.
I like