Re: changeover to RX7

To: Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: changeover to RX7
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 08:40:50 -0400 FILETIME=[97474410:01C1F1D6]
Tommy,

I know this is a bit late in coming, but I had to find the info on this. If
you are going to go through with the RX7 swap, I think, and therefore I am,
you should consider using the RX7 rear end as well. Since you going to up
the HP by so much, the stock rear probably won't last long. From what I
understand, it's not TOO difficult.

Here's a link to a great web site of someone that used to be on the list,
and was around to see wome one do this conversion.

>The single most important upgrade I've done (most noted
>improvement) was a limited slip diff. Now, if I had to start down that road
>again, I'd get the 1985+ Magda Rx7 GSLSE rear diff. which has disk brakes
>and limited slip.
>Total cost with machine work is about $600 or $700.  I have over $3000 into
>my rear diff and DON'T HAVE rear disks. (no brainer now that I know).
>
>Pictures of that mod (on Rod's car) from the tech session are on
the Auto
>Cross section at>
>
>http://ourworld.cs.com/JCareyPage/JCareyPage.htm

Then click on the Auto-X link, and it will pull up pictures from a tech
session they had that did this mod.

Good luck either way you go.

Brian
Bugeye under resto.

ps I'm no EXPERT and I don't even play one on TV...