Re: Hey Frank

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hey Frank
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 06:38:21 -0500 (CDT)
> I hate Harbor Freight

Why hate Harbor Freight?  At least with them you are getting value
consistent with the money you spend, rather than spending top dollar
for the same poor quality.

> But I didn't know that Craftsman feel in to this crap hole

Oh yeah.
First the "break it and we replace it" guarantee went from all tools
to just hand tools.
Then the quality of the hand tools started dropping.
Then the hand tools guarantee went from "we replace it with new" to
"we replace it with a rebuilt unit (ratchet wrenches, etc.).
Now I think you need a receipt (anybody here have a receipt for their
15 year old wrenches?).
Did the price change with this decline in quality (or at least remain
stable in the face of inflation)?  No.

I don't buy Craftsman anymore.  I don't even try to turn them in for
replacement.  I just go out and buy good tools (or get cheap tools
cheaply, a la Harbor Freight).

Home Depot sells Husky hand tools, and at casual perusal they look to
be pretty well made for the money.  Anybody have any experience?

Chris K.