Re[2]: [midgetsprite] Clutch Parts Life

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re[2]: [midgetsprite] Clutch Parts Life
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:53:42 -0400
Cc: Andrew Weaks <awboat@intelos.net>, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hello Frank,

Monday, May 13, 2002, 9:21:57 PM, you wrote:

FC> Yeah but you don't have PERECTLY sychronized traffic lights every 200
FC> ft! I mean sychronized so you get EVERY one red. That limits my
FC> clutching to about 100,000 miles. Brakes last real long too. 50k if your
FC> lucky.
FC> Now before my town decided to hold the world record on traffic lights,
FC> brakes lasted 90k and clutches lasted as long as you owned the car.

Try Rt. 18 North bound in Central NJ at rush hour.  Zero to sixty back
down to zero in about 500 feet.  All the time, every time.  When I
drove that regularly I could never get my brakes to last more than
12,000 miles or 10 months, whatever came first.   The roads slogan is
"Never leave more than a car length following distance or it will be
filled by another car."

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net