Soapbox time...NO LBC Airline Security

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Soapbox time...NO LBC Airline Security
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:12:17 EDT
Am I the only one that thinks Norman Mineta is insane?  First he says airport
security cannot "profile" when looking for terrorist, in spite of the fact
that 100% of the terrorism was perpetrated by young, male, middle easterners?
 How about we only profile 90% of the time and check grandma's and little
kids the other 10% to keep the politically correct crowd happy?

Now the govenment has announced that pilots will not be allowed to carry
firearms.  The reasons cited now are lack of training (even though the
majority of pilots are ex-military with previous training and have offered to
take the same training as sky marshals) and that a stray bullet might hit
some "electrical system" (guess they went to electrical system when the rapid
depressurization argument was proven invalid).  One congressman (D-SC)
indicated the locked cockpit door should be enough.  My guess is he's never
flown or never looked up from his first class martini long enough to see the
flimsy door.  Apparently he also doen't give a damn about the lives of any of
the passengers or flight attendents.

OK...off the soap box, donning the flame suit...but beware, I shoot back!

Robert Houston

"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are
incapable
 of pure love and always have to mix love and hate."
 - Sigmund Freud