Lug nuts and real Minilites.

To: spridgets-mod@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, morris@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, MorrisMinors@smartgroups.com, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Lug nuts and real Minilites.
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:40:07 -0700
I want to offer a big thanks to everyone that offered help on my unusual
lug nut situation. I received a great deal of assistance from many of you
and a few leads actually went somewhere. I don't have the problem 100%
solved yet, but there are two possible solutions. One is fading quickly but
the other is my fallback position so one way or another I think it will
happen.

In the process of looking for these lug nuts, I ended up contacting a guy
in Connecticut who is, I believe, _the_ US distributor for Genuine Minilite
wheels. He has been extremely helpful in trying to obtain the special lug
nuts I need through his UK office (only place I found them was in the UK),
but they won't do it because there is some quality control issue. In any
event, Steve at Main Street Motorsport really went out of his way to help
me with this situation, even though it was only the lug nuts I wanted. If
anyone is ever interested in getting genuine Minilites, this guy is a real
pleasure to work with and I'd recommend him highly. He also does some
custom race prep work and advertises discounts to SCCA & Vintage Racers.

Sorry for the promotional part of this email, but it's always good to know
a good resource for our special interest, and I just want to pass on my
experience with someone who went the extra mile. (there were plenty who
didn't want to give me more that the quick answer..." sorry")

Here's his web site if you want to check out Minilites:

http://www.minilitewheels.com/

A special thanks also to Chris Howe in the UK for making some phone phone
calls for me. Chris, I've never received a reply from the contact you gave
me.

You guys are great!

Cheers

Gerard