Re: Fw: Anyone seen this bonnet?

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Fw: Anyone seen this bonnet?
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:49:46 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff Boatright wrote:

> I guess caveat emptor.

Oh how true. I bought a wieners circle fiberglass bonnet and had trouble
giving it away. They used a steel bonnet as a mold so the
F/G bonnet was only a little bit too wide, and long, and came over the
rockers by say 3 inches.

On the otherhand, the Speedwell nose I an almost finished with (circa
1960) is probably the best looking fiberglass workmanship I have ever
seen on a glass bonnet. Yes it was full of cracks from age but it even
amazed my brother the fiberglass man!
In fact, I mentioned the quality to Sprinzel, this was his reply....

"Yes, Williams and Pritchard did really fabulous work, so I'm not
surprised that you are impressed."

Now if that primer is dry, I'll head out and finish sand it and hope the
humidy breaks so I can paint it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ