Re: Under the bonnet heat; I have to much

To: macleans@earthlink.net, mgraziano@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Under the bonnet heat; I have to much
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 04:58:40 EDT
Cc: w.gilroy@verizon.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Absolutely.  Air comes into the engine bay and where can it go?  Forced down
the sides of the engine and underneath the car or pushed down the propshaft
tunnel (remove the gear stick rubber and go for a drive - it feels like a
hairdryer vent.

You can have all the heatshielding in the world but gradually the air
temperature under the bonnet will gradually get hotter and it is this ambient
heat rather than transferred heat that causes the bigger problem.

RS