Re: Headers for a Midget 1500

To: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headers for a Midget 1500
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:10:07 -0400
Bill -

I'm also in the market for a new 1500 header, as mine has bitten the
dust after about 6 years of hard use.  I dismembered it yesterday to
find cracks running in all 4 tubes as they enter the collector.  It's a
PaceSetter header which has the 4 tubes coming together in a "square"
formation, and the cracks were in the part of each tube that faced the
center of the square.

I would probably look at the PaceSetter again, but would not wrap it
this time.

FYI: Places to get the PaceSetter header and prices:
CarParts.com, $132.47 for the black painted and about $245 for the
ceramic coated.

Victoria British has black painted for 169.95

Other options that I know of:
Winner's Circle carries a chrome plated header for the 1500 in their
catalog, but I don't know the price.  3 year pro-rated warranty.

Ted Schumacher (TSImported Automotive @ 1-800-543-6648) has a 1500
header for 149.95  Knowing Ted, he probably has them made to his specs,
but I'll be calling him later today to find out.

Let's compare notes on this.

Chris K.